Christine, asked me to say 5 things about my day.....
1. I trimmed my own bangs and I like them. Saved $$....
2. I am taking a break from cleaning out my closet...I found a shirt mixed in the sheets that
I had been looking for all summer. Soon, it will be too cold to wear it.
3. I want a taco, but I don't want to cook.
4. I woke up this a.m. to a talk about politics, before coffee. Not such a good idea.
5. Many times I feel like a complete failure... and then I read in scripture.... that my value
is in Christ.
And I'll add 6 more things, not necessarily about my day.
1. I scored 3 consistent times on the myer's briggs being an introvert.
2. I love spending time one on one with the girls.
3. I love to read when it is quiet and the house is clean.
4. Every time Erika falls, my stomach grips me, and I have to breathe
and not respond like she almost killed herself for the umpteenth time.
Instead, I just smile, pick her up and dust her off, give her a hug and send her on her
way......(not before reminding her of one more gray hair) and inside I am dying.
5. I love talking with my husband about anything and everything while playing backgammon
and drinking our morning coffee. :)
6. I still struggle over the head covering issue. I forget to wear it. If I should cover my head during prayer and I am supposed to be praying without ceasing, then maybe the Amish are correct and I should cover my head all the time..... but then, I don't want to be legalistic about it either.
"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"
“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis
― C. S. Lewis
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)